Kristi's Photo a Day

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Day 13



OK I know Bon Apetit is not going to be knocking down my door on their next search for a photographer, but I wanted to document a decision I made yesterday. (shhh, I am so not in love with this photo I almost cheated and used a photo from a different day, but I'm not a cheater at heart so you get to look at this unappetizing picture of what really was a yummy dinner).

I really love to cook and I especially love Indian, Thai, Mexican, and Chinese food. But, these foods usually take a few special ingredients and some advance prep. I used to spend several hours a night to make dinner even when Alison was little - sounds insane to me now. I have gotten to the point that I spend about twenty minutes and really hate eating. I have decided that I need to start thinking about dinner earlier in the day so I can make a decent meal. I don't want to spend hours on dinner, but at least get it going so if something needs to cook a while we can still have it. Though Martin was gone for dinner last night, I made a simple dal and really enjoyed it. It is so easy, but it takes a while to cook I was glad I had decided to plan ahead. :)

4 comments:

  1. Ok, if you could have seen what I ate for dinner tonight you'd think this should be hung in a museum!! LOL

    I think it looks great! (but then again I had potluck at church with the main dish being sloppy joes....ick)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tomatos are just popping off of that page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks yummy to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say...this looks really good to me! I'm pretty hungry right now and, even though it's breakfast time, I'm wanting some of your dinner! LOL

    ReplyDelete